About Us

Holland, MI, United States
Chris and I met through mutual friends Melissa and Andy Kuiper six years ago. I can honestly say that it was not love at first sight, but as time went on and I got to know Chris I realized that this was someone I wanted to get to know better. As we dated and got to know each other better it became apparent to me that Chris was someone who I loved and wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Chris and I were married June 11, 2005 and have been married for four years. In that time we have become the parents of two beautiful little boys. Simon Thomas, born August 3, 2007, is a very happy and energetic two year old. Baby Luke is a wonderful little baby born June 3, 2009. In the winter of 2008 Chris was offered a fantastic job with Sentry Insurance. He quickly excepted the job which has turned out to be his "dream" job. As a result of Chris starting this job we decided that after teaching first grade for 7 years that I would quit my job and stay at home with Simon and future children. Being at home is truly where my heart is and I am so thankful to be able to stay at home with Simon and Luke. Our family is truly blessed and we are very thankful for all we are given by God!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tulip Time 2010

The first week in May is always such a fun time in Holland. Tulip Time is held annually the first week in May. It is a beautiful time of the year, with thousands of tulips in bloom Holland is alive with springtime!! Not only do we have thousands of tulips but also hundreds of Dutch Dancers dressed in Dutch costumes and wooden shoes, three parades, and many community activities.
This year we were blessed to have wonderful spring weather the beginning of the week. We ventured downtown twice with the boys for junk food from the food booths and Dutch Dance. Tuesday we went with Tom and Sharon, Thursday we went with our good friends Hossinks and Borgmans. One of the best things about going downtown during Tulip Time, not just the food, is the sense of community. It is always amazing to me to see people that we have not seen since last Tulip Time.
Here are some pictures of our cutie little Dutch boys in their Dutch Costumes.




No comments: